I received this nomination from the lovely Chanelle Hayley, so do check out her brilliant blog out and here’s my answers to her questions.
1. Favourite drugstore and high-end brand?
This is pretty tough as I mix and match my makeup, but my favourite high street/drugstore brands are L’Oreal and Revlon and high-end Lancome or Urban Decay.
2. What’s your favourite makeup tool?
I’ve only recently started to get into nicer brushes and I’ve yet to try my Real Techniques sponge, so I would say my fingers! I find that the warmth from my hands helps my makeup melt and blend into my skin better than using a brush.
3. Nude lip or bold lip? Why?
I’d have to say neither. A nude lip tends to wash out my fair skin and whilst I like a bold lip, it’s too much maintenance. I prefer a soft-medium pink colour for my lips.
4. Favourite way to relax when you’re not blogging?
I like to read magazines in a warm bath. I’d use a Lush bath bomb to make the water bubbly and scented.
5. Worst makeup item you’ve ever tried?
Well thankfully I haven’t had any total disasters with makeup lately, but I was disappointed by NYX’s Soft Matte lip creams. I knew the lip creams would be matte, but they were more drying than I expected and started to look too heavy on my lips as the day wore on.
6. Why did you start your blog?
On Facebook I followed some beauty and travel blogs and got addicted to reading them! I thought why not start my own and share my own love of beauty and travel too. Plus it’s a good way of putting my Creative Writing degree to use.
7. What does beauty mean to you?
Beauty can mean a whole load of things, but to me it’s experimenting with different looks and styles and having fun with it.
8. What part of your makeup routine do you spend most time on?
It would probably be my skin, as I prime, use colour correctors, concealer and foundation to give my skin a healthy appearance.
9. Name something on your beauty wishlist.
My wishlist is huge! But I would love to try Kat Von D’s eyeliners, some of Tartlette’s products and Color Pop eyeshadows.
10. What’s the most expensive makeup item in your collection?
It would be my Dior Glowing Gardens eyeshadow palette, which costs £43.50. All of my most expensive items are eyeshadow palettes.
I really enjoyed answering these questions and I’ve nominated five lovely bloggers to take part in this tag, if you wish to. Below is my list of nominated bloggers and my questions for you to answer.
- What is currently your favourite makeup or beauty item?
- What is your favourite makeup look, eg. smokey eye?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Which of your blog posts is your favourite and why?
- Which three makeup or beauty items are on your wish list?
- What activities do you like to do in your spare time?
- Do you have any travel wish lists for this year?
- What is your favourite shop?
- Which makeup brand is your favourite?
- Favourite lipstick or lip gloss?
Remember to follow my Facebook page A Beautiful Thing.