Thank you to Harivain/FiercePaint
for nominating me to do this award. I love his amazing makeup skills and his witty sense of humour, so go check out his blog!
The rules for this tag are:
- Tag the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion.
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
So here’s my ten questions from Harivain.
- One makeup product that you’d advise everyone to stay away from. Only one-The Eos lip balm! It’s so hyped up that I had high expectations from it, but it made my lips cracked, sore and flaky.
- One skincare product that you’d advise everyone to stay away from. Only one-The Nivea Men Post Shave Balm. I tried this as a primer and I found it didn’t help keep my makeup matte and in place, and even worse it totally dried my skin out.
- If you could have your own makeup line what would you call it?-A Beautiful Thing after my blog name.
- If you could name an eyeshadow you created, what would you call it?-The Galaxy. I love shimmery eyeshadows and products that remind me of the sky and space.
- What hue would the eyeshadow be, what finish would it be (matte, pearlescent, shimmery), would it be a powder, stick, cream or loose pigment?-I’m liking dark shades at the moment, so a dark mauve grey. It would be a shimmery powder eyeshadow with flecks of silver, gold and purple running through it, to give a night time effect and a multi-dimensional finish.
- One makeup skill you think you haven’t mastered yet-The fade on my eyebrows. I have sparse brows so it’s hard to get them looking perfect and not too heavy.
- Do you like doing your makeup in silence or with something playing in the background (what do you play if you prefer the latter)?-It all depends on my mood that day. Sometimes I prefer silence to concentrate or sometimes I like to get ready to music. At the minute one of the songs I listen to is Coldplay’s Hymn for the Weekend, when I get ready.
- Which era of makeup are you most drawn to (20’s, 40’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s, 2010’s) and what about that era do you like?-Well I was going to say the 50’s as I love the Marilyn Monroe look, but the 40’s had a fairly similar style of makeup. I like the defined brows that are not too heavy, the red lipstick and a fairly simple eye with a light coloured eyeshadow, masacara and sometimes winged eyeliner.
- Waxing, threading or plucking. Eyebrows that is-Thanks to Harivain for clarifying eyebrows haha. I pluck my brows.
- Let’s keep this interesting. Tell us a beauty related joke.-My mother uses lemon juice for her complexion. Maybe that’s why she always looks so sour. (Sorry guys, that’s the best I could do).
So here’s my questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is your favourite nail polish at the moment? (Brand and Shade).
- What is your favourite eyeshadow palette?
- If you could only use three makeup items, what would they be?
- What makeup or beauty release are you most excited about?
- Your favourite Youtuber?
- Where in the world would you like to live, if you could choose anywhere?
- What are you most looking forward to this month? (Can be a holiday, beauty, anything).
- What beauty products have you recently found disappointing?
- Favourite song at the moment?
- What one beauty or makeup item would you recommend?
So my nominees are:
- Chanelle Hayley
- alifya lifestyle
- Sophie’s Beauty on a Budget
- Beauty By Jess!
- a brash attitude
- Bubbles and macaroons
- The Blush Stops Here
- The Girl in Glasses
Don’t forget to follow my Facebook page if you’d like to see more from me.